City of London School for Girls was founded in 1894 by William Ward, a forward thinking gentleman who left a provision in his will to the City of London, to fund the foundation of a girls' school. As a result, the school has very close links with the City of London Corporation and is part of its family of schools, which also comprise City of London School, City of London Freemen's School and the City Academies and Sir John Cass Primary School. The school's Board of Governors is appointed from elected members of the Court of Common Council with additional co-opted governors primarily from the world of academia and education.
CLSG works closely with the members in the family of City of London Corporation schools. This partnership and access to the support of the City of London Corporation has allowed us to develop a wealth of opportunities for our pupils, staff and local community. For more details, see Outreach.